Friday, August 28, 2009

NUDE BEACH demo cassette (2008)


My band went on tour a few weeks ago, and out of all the great bands with played with, Brooklyn's NUDE BEACH was my favorite new discovery. They had been described to me as "sped up Clash riffs meets Beach Boys through fuzzy amps," and after seeing them I'd augment that description with "The Clash by way of BENT OUTTA SHAPE and Beach Boys by way of EXPLODING HEARTS." Unfortunately, NUDE BEACH had apparently been long sold out of their demo tape.

Thankfully, we got these music piracy boxes. This 7-song, reverby demo is now in constant electronic rotation for me. Maybe it will be for you too? I know your next question was gonna be "do they have cred?" Never fear, they do! The drummer was in DUSTHEADS and BOTTLE ROCKET, and they seem to be in with the ifyoumakeit.com dude, which is where I found this download. A guy who was in GET BENT is putting out their forthcoming LP. Just fucking download it, before summer is over and bouncy punk of this caliber will only serve to depress you!

1 comment:

  1. Funny, I was gonna recommend this demo to you a little while ago (like, when you sent the Delay songs). Some great songs on it.

    ReplyDelete